This afternoon Truitt nursed, then took his bottle, AND wanted more! We’re hoping he still takes his full bottle at the next feeding. 🙂 The scale isn’t showing it yet, but we think he looks bigger than he did a few days ago. All of our babies have grown without it showing up on the scale for a while (they grow in length, and outgrow their clothes), but for the hospital to be sure he is growing, it is going to need to show up on the scale.
He has a hernia in his diaper area. They have said this is very common for premie boys, and is easily fixed by a surgery when they are 6-9 months old. But to us, it’s still a surgery! We are praying that as God continues to heal the rest of him, he will heal this as well.
The nurse signed us up for discharge classes today. They must think we are getting close!
- He is nursing much better
- He’s up to 80% on his feedings
- The hard scab on his left foot is totally gone
- That the swelling in his hands and feet would go down quickly and that the fluid wouldn’t harden
- That he is strong enough to take his full feedings through the bottle or breast
- That the hernia he has will heal on its own
- That Leisel’s headaches will continue to lessen