Truitt has stayed stable today. They have not turned the ventilator down, but it has not had to go up. No bad news is good news! They are waiting until this evening to check his blood gases to see if it can maybe come down a little tonight. The doctors switched out shifts today, and the new doctor saw no new concerns, and had no new tests to order. This made today much easier than yesterday. The cranial ultrasound came back clear, as did the liver ultrasound. No obvious bleeding, masses, or blockages. Praise the Lord!
Today Truitt had the same nurses that he had the first two days of his outside-the-womb life. They couldn’t stop gushing about how much better his hands and feet looked and how they were so encouraged to see him looking so good. This is of course very encouraging to us as well. All of the nurses here have been amazing, and we are so grateful for the skills and compassion that they have in taking care of our little man. We are going on a real date tonight for the first time since before all of this started. It feels really good to do something normal, and know he is being so well taken care of.
- Clean results on all Truitt’s ultrasounds
- Hands and feet are looking better each day
- That Truitt will still continue to grow stronger and healthier
- Truitt’s blood oxygen levels to improve so that he can be completely weaned from the ventilator
- Wisdom for our family and physicians to determine if and when he will need to be transferred to another hospital