The doctor delivered us more good news this morning! Truitt was tolerating the new ventilator and feedings so well, that they turned down his ventilator just a little, and increased his feedings. This is progress!
The increased feedings means increased ‘hands on’ times in which he can be held. This morning he got to snuggle with mommy, and they both got a little nap. And…. this afternoon daddy got to hold him for the first time! They said as long as he tolerates the holding, we can do it as often as his touch times are. Today he ‘tolerated’ it so well that he was awake with his eyes open and so calm they did not have to increase his sedative medication like they normally would have had to at that time of day. Apparently he more than tolerates his mommy and daddy!
- Truitt is relying less on the ventilator
- Truitt is more food, at greater frequencies
- Mommy and daddy both getting to hold Truitt
- That Truitt would be able to wean off the ventilator completely
- That the swelling in his hands and feet would continue to go down, and that the wounds would heal quickly with no lasting damage
- That the hydrops (pleural fluid) would not reaccumulate in his lung as his feedings have increased
- For wisdom as we discuss with the doctor tomorrow the timing of when we should transfer him to the other hospital