Friends – this is a difficult update to write. Truitt continues do well and be healthy overall, but we now have a health situation affecting our family.
Last week David (Truitt’s dad) had a CT scan which revealed a mass or tumor in his bladder. Leisel and David left this Monday for him to receive further diagnosis and treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. This morning, the diagnosis confirmed that David has bladder cancer. He will go in for surgery tomorrow (time not yet known) to have the tumor removed. At that time the doctors will collect tissue samples which allow them to determine what stage the cancer is at. Based on the imaging that has been done so far, they believe that the cancer is somewhere between stage 0 and stage 2, and has not spread at all beyond the bladder area. Your prayers are coveted.
“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone O Lord make me dwell in safety.” – Psalm 4:5
- Safe trip to Minnesota late Monday night
- Prompt testing and diagnosis
- Cancer appears to be confined to bladder area, and caught in time before advancing too far
- God opened doors for immediate treatment and care beginning tomorrow
- That God would be glorified through this trial in our lives
- That the surgery tomorrow morning would be successful and safe, and fully remove the tumor
- That the tumor would be “superficial” and not have advanced into the surrounding bladder or muscle
- Peace for David & Leisel and a complete trust in God’s working at this time
- Comfort for our children as they are missing their parents and don’t fully understand what’s going on