Good news! David’s surgery went well today, and after a long day/evening we are back in our hotel room. He’s still sore and moving a little slow, but is getting some rest and recovering.
Doctors said the surgery went great! The base of the papillary tumor was very small, and from a visual standpoint appears to be superficial, not invasive. Once we get the pathology report back next week we will know whether the cancer has permeated into the muscle layer or not. Though we are much encouraged, he is not completely in the clear yet, so we still covet your prayers. We will know more next week.
We were surprised and thrilled to get a visit from Valerie (David’s sister) who flew in on short notice from OKC. Her presence has been a huge blessing during this time.
We are so grateful for all of the love and prayers we have received during this new chapter in our lives. Once again in a very serious situation, we have had an immense amount of unexplainable peace. All of your prayers taking us before the throne of grace have had a huge impact on us – thank you.
- Successful surgery and tumor removal
- Visit from David’s sister Valerie
- That there are no remaining cancer cells in the bladder lining or muscle layer
- For David to have a quick recovery, free of infections and complications
- Strength for Leisel as she cares for David as well as their newborn Truitt
- Wisdom for planning travel schedules, follow up visits, and future treatment as needed in the coming weeks.