Truitt’s Grandma left him a Scripture on his bulletin board yesterday, and I think it sums up what we have seen God doing in his little life the last few days:
“The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.”
God has a plan for little Truitt. It is perfect, He will complete it, and He will never forsake him because He made him.
They bumped down the flow of oxygen from 3 liters to 2 today! There had been a concern with his eyes that his pupils seemed small and maybe not as reactive to the light as they should be. The eye doctor looked at him yesterday, and said all his blood vessels looked good and he didn’t see anything to be concerned about. Praise the Lord! Truitt’s body temperature was also staying very consistent, so they were able to raise the lid on his isolette.
He did not digest his feedings well in the night, but they put him on his tummy or skin to skin with mommy, and he seems to be digesting better.
Leisel has her follow up with the doctor tomorrow. We are praying her blood pressure will be down and they can take her off of the blood pressure medication.
- That he will digest his food completely.
- That Leisel’s blood pressure will be down tomorrow.
- That the swelling in his hands and feet would continue to go down.
- That the sores on his feet would heal quickly and safely.
- Good report from eye doctor!
- Down from 3 liters of oxygen to 2!
- He seems to be handling no pain meds or sedatives very well.