Today Truitt was taken off of oxygen completely! No more cannula! Little by little we are losing cords and tubes! He looks much more comfortable, and it is so much easier to maneuver him and feed him without trying to keep the little prongs in his nose.
They are continuing to increase his feeding amounts, and he is digesting it all great! He even had 3 dirty diapers today, without being given anything to cause them! Funny the things you celebrate after an experience like this!
He got to take another swing at nursing today, and did much better than yesterday. We didn’t feel like he did well enough to cut down the amount of food he was given, but he did well enough that the nurse set up for the lactation consultants to come by tomorrow. They don’t normally send for them until the baby is showing signs of being ready to nurse.
The occupational therapist came by again today, and she feels like the massages we have been giving him are helping to move the fluid in his hands along a little. So, the little man now gets hand and foot massages each day!
He has another x-Ray scheduled for tomorrow to check for fluid reaccumulation in his lung.
- He is breathing without any assistance now.
- He is able to be offered a bottle a couple of times a day.
- His nursing session went well today.
- He is digesting his food well.
- The sore in his left foot was much smaller this morning.
- That the fluid in his hands and feet would go down quickly.
- That the proteins in the fluid in his hands and feet would not ‘settle’ there and cause long-term stiffness.
- That his x-ray in the morning would come back clear again.
- That he would learn to take the bottle well and not need the feeding tube at all. (This is a requirement for going home.)