Truitt celebrated his three week birthday today by taking his entire bottle for the nurse at 6:00am this morning, and again for Leisel at noon! Outside of those two feedings, he is averaging a little over half of his milk through the bottle. Who knew drinking through a bottle could be so much work?!?
The sores on his feet seem to be steadily healing, but the swelling in his hands is a concern if it does not start to go down again soon.
Leisel has been struggling with a weird migraine-like head ache that seems to come and go at odd times. It could just be ‘nurser’s neck’ from all the tension when feeding Truitt and all the odd ways you hold a baby who is attached to so many cords and tubes, but going to the chiropractor has not helped this issue yet, and her normal methods of getting rid of migraines are not helping this.
- Truitt drank 2 full bottles today
- Truitt helped daddy finally get a nap today
- Sore on his feet are healing
- That the fluid in his hands would go down
- That the tissue on his fingers would soften as the swelling goes away
- That he would grow strong enough to feed solely through the bottle or breast
- That Leisel’s headaches would go away