Another day of growing stronger for Truitt today. He’s taking about 61% of his feedings through the bottle, which they have said is really good for his gestational age. We tried nursing a few more times today, and though he isn’t really getting much of his feeding that way, he seemed to be catching on to the idea. We are so grateful to have a medical team so supportive in this area!
- The Chylothorax has not returned even though he is on full feedings
- His direct bilirubin has not increased and is seems to be lowering at the doctor’s expected rate
- He seems stronger with his bottle each day
- That the swelling in his hands and feet would go down, and that there would be no long-term stiffness
- That he would grow strong enough to eat solely from the bottle and breast
- That Leisel would be able to get rest and the head aches gone