Truitt gained .3 ounces last night! He took two full bottles from the nurse in the night, and one for Leisel today. He also nursed a couple of times before getting his bottle. They are trying a make-shift compression wrap on his hands during the day. They don’t make compression gloves for babies, so the sweet occupational therapist spends a lot of time wrapping his little fingers. Hopefully this will help break up the ‘firmness’ in the swelling in his fingers.
- That he has come so far in such a short time
- That he is taking to the bottle, and taking more and more of his feedings through it
- That he is attempting to nurse
- That the swelling in his hands and feet would go away
- That he would begin to nurse well, and take more of his feedings this way
- That he would be strong enough and stay awake long enough to take all of his feedings through the bottle or breast (as opposed to the tube)