It was a busy day for Truitt, and an even busier day for his mommy and daddy! Feeding him, taking discharge classes, taking CPR, coordinating care for his siblings, getting his beds ready at home… We are so grateful for all of the wonderful friends and family who pitched in to get everything taken care of today!
Leisel is at the hospital with Truitt tonight in a special ‘last night’ room. He is completely off if all monitors, and she will do all of his care on her own, and the nurses just support her. He’s giving much better hunger cues, so they have altered his feeding schedule to every 2-4 hours as he needs. This allows for more relaxed nursing, since we don’t have to be so uptight about how much he got.
He passed his car seat test this afternoon, and they took him off of the medication for his direct bilirubin. Hooray! This means that after 30 days in the NICU, he is going home on NO medications! The doctor also said she thinks his hernia is either smaller than it was, or not really a hernia, just a hydro seal, and may just fix itself.
Tomorrow will be another big day as Truitt gets to meet his brothers and sisters for the first time!
He begins starting outpatient appointments with therapists, PCP, and orthopedic specialists as early as Friday.
- Truitt passed his car seat test
- He no longer needs the bilirubin medication
- He’s giving good hunger cues
- His hernia has improved
- He is coming HOME tomorrow!
- For smooth transition home
- For rest for both David and Leisel as we take over all of his care 24/27
- For the swelling in hands and feet to continue to improve
- For wisdom for the new group of physicians that he will be under